Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Group #9: "I-can-press-the-button-too" Elevator Button-Pushers

Going up? So are we. I see you are stopping on the 5th floor. So am I! But, guess what? I already pressed the button. I don't think the elevator will get to the floor any faster with a second push.

It's like these people do not trust others already in the elevator. We're going to the same damn floor! Must you have control over everything? Did you mother deprive you of button-pressing experience as a child? No one over the age of five should press the same elevator button twice.

How about those button-pushers on elevators that only have two flights. LA's subway stations are full of these people. You are going from Platform to Mezzanine when four people behind you all press the Mezzanine button! ALL of you are getting off at the same floor! The elevator only has two!

Look. Don't you see the light? I guess in some elevators the button light can be broken, but how many elevators have you REALLY seen like that? Probably none. Those little lights can last through the Apocalypse. That way, you still will know what floor you are going off, even if nuclear blast destroys the rest of the building.

The worst offenders: people who press the button continuously while someone is obviously trying to catch the elevator. I guess the philosophy behind this act of selfishness stems from the belief that if you keep pressing some button other than "open doors" the doors will close faster. I think it's all in your mind. In fact, some elevators seem to fuck with people who think this. Remember the last time you may have been in an elevator and the "Close door" button failed to close the door? Yeah.

The "I-can-press-the-button-too" Elevator Button-Pushers, stop ticking me off!

1 comment:

Joshua said...

This one seems unfair. The people who are pressing the button again aren't doing anything harmful. Often one is simply going to press your floor and there's no reason to inhibit that motion once you see the light since it doesn't impact anything.

Pressing buttons repeatedly I'll agree with though.