Saturday, December 6, 2008

Group #1: People Who Eat In Grocery Stores Before Paying


I'm happily shopping along, getting my nourishment for the week, when suddenly some guy pushes by me munching away at a Doritos bag that he picked up in aisle 6. His children eat the popsicles from the frozen food section. Isn't there some grocery store code against this? Why do some people find it necessary to "sample" the groceries before they buy them?

I really, really, REALLY despise this. Why does this parent believe that it's okay to teach children you can eat something without paying for it? Grocery stores are not restaurants!!! You buy, then eat!

It grosses me out, too. This man just grabbed a box of cereal with his Dorito-stained hands. And guess what? The sticky children don't like that cereal. Back on the shelf it goes. Now some unsuspecting mother-of-five will pick up that box and get a nasty surprise of spit and cheese-flavored dust on her hands.

There should be a rule: No eating of merchandise in store. If broken, you and your sticky tax-deductions are banned from that store. You hear me, Doritos Guy???

People who eat in grocery stores: stop ticking me off!

No comments: