Thursday, December 11, 2008

Group #3: Rude "Sunday Drivers"

Everyone who knows me knows I do not drive. Even in the heart of LA, I don't need a car. I walk or take the train or bus everywhere I go, and it works for me. I can pretend that I am helping the environment. But being a pedestrian in the middle of car country is hard at times, and unsafe.

The particular ones that piss me off are the drivers who seemed to have bought their license. You know the ones: they cut through parking lots, push people on bikes off the road, and try to beat the light. Yesterday, coming from work, I crossed a street legally. A woman driver gave me the right-of-way like she was supposed to. The male driver behind her kept honking his horn impatiently, like he had some Colombian snow in his trunk and the cops were behind him. She continued to let me cross. Then she proceeded. He sped through the intersection cutting off several cars. You see: he was in the wrong lane. Second problem: I work in Government Square, a heavily policed area of town. So he probably had a ticket waiting.

I don't know how many times I have nearly gotten hit, or I have seen people plow through pedestrians and bikers, like they are in the way. What is UP with that? How about sharing the road. And the sidewalk. And please stop blocking crosswalks!!!

Sunday Drivers: stop ticking me off!!!

No comments: